I love making Tuna Melts on Sandwich Thins. I put them in the Toaster first, then put the Tuna Salad and Cheese on and finish under the Broiler for 3 Minutes. I just love um’.
INGREDIENTS AND EASY STEPS
- 1 Sandwich Thin, Toasted in Toaster
Mix the following Ingredients together in a bowl;
- 1 Can Albacore Chunk White Tuna in Water
- About 1/4 Cup Real Mayo
- About 2 Heaping Tbsp Dill Pickle Relish
- 1/4 to 1/2 Tsp Dried Dill Weed
- 1/4 Tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/4 to 1/2 Tsp Penzey’s Sandwich Sprinkle (salt, black pepper, garlic powder, basil, oregano, marjoram, rosemary, thyme). *Can substitute Herbes De Provence and a little Kosher Salt and Black Pepper.
- Pinch of Kosher Salt
- Cracked Pepper
Turn Oven to Broil
- Top each Sandwich Thin with the Tuna Mixture and top Heavily with Shredded Cheddar, Crack some Pepper over the top.
- Put the Sandwiches on Foil and put under Broiler for about 3 Mintes (set the timer because it’s easy to walk away and forget about it) and it will burn quickly.
Passion My Journey through Food is out and available on Amazon and Barnes and Noble.