Oh my so yummy! I threw this together with leftover Grilled Peppers as the inspiration and then added Sliced Green and Black Olives and Provolone Cheese. See Recipe below.
I love Sandwich Thins because you can actually taste what’s in the Sandwich inside. The Bread doesn’t take over the Sandwich. This remind me of a Muffuletta Sandwich in a way, and it was truly delicious. I took the first bite and “poof” it was all gone!
Here’s the simple Recipe;
- 1 Sandwich Thin, 2 Pieces, put into Toaster, then Butter each Piece
- Set Oven to Broil and get a Cookie Sheet with a Piece of Foil
- On one Sandwich Thin lay Sliced Black Olives and on the other lay Sliced Green Olives
- Cover Olives on both Thins with a Large Slice of Provolone, 2 pieces total.
- Top each Thin with some Grilled Peppers (NOTE: I Marinate in Olive Oil, Kosher Salt and Pepper and Dried Tarragon or Sweet Basil and Grill till Al Dente). *I used Leftovers for this recipe that I had made the night before
- Put under the Broiler for 1-2 Minutes until fully Melted.
- Drizzle with good quality Olive Oil then close into a Sandwich and cut in Half
Just Jules in the Kitchen
Look for PASSION My Journey through Food coming out in October!