Some of you may already know this technique but for those of you who don’t I think you will love it! I’m catering a party this weekend and am making Marinated and Grilled Peppers on the Grill and serving them along Tenderloin of Beef. Yum!
Just follow the steps in the pictures. Easy, peasy! This technique will only take 1 minute or so per pepper. I wash the Peppers when they are in the long strips, just before my final cutting or slicing. This is great when grilling Vegetables or when cutting into Julienne Strips for Stir Fry or large chunkier Strips for Veggies and Dip.
For Marinated Veggies to Roast in the Oven or Grill:
Quantity depends on how many you are serving.
- Cut the each Pepper into 4 or 5 pieces as shown in the last picture. I like to do the Tri-Colored Peppers because they look amazing on the plate. Nice Color.
- Put cut pieces into a Baggie or on a Baking Sheet lined with parchment or wax paper.
- In a Measuring Cup add in Extra Virgin Olive Oil (you can also used flavored Oils) and Herbs D’ Provence, Dried Tarragon, Dried Basil or Herbs of your choice. *Can also use Fresh chopped Herbs along with some Dried Herbs. Also add a few good pinches of Kosher Salt and Cracked Pepper.
- Marinate for 30 minutes up to 1 day.
- Roast in the oven at 350 degrees or use a hot Grill. Cook to the doneness you like. *I personally don’t like mine overcooked or mushy. I like there to be a “bite” to them. *I also like a Charcoal Grill because it gives a nice char to the Peppers.
- Serve with Steak, Chicken, Pork, Seafood…Enjoy!!